- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Prince of Wales
At a Glance
- nice spa
- over-the-top-elegant public spaces
- highly trained staff
- high-quality toiletries, Bose stereos, and Keurig coffeemakers in each room
- some views of the parking lot
- rabbit warren of corridors can be confusing
- breakfast not included
Check Rates from our Partners
Prince of Wales Review
A visit from the Prince of Wales in 1901 inspired the name of this venerable hostelry that still welcomes the occasional royal guest or film star (AKA Hollywood royalty). A true Victorian from 1864, the three-story mansard-roof behemoth takes up an entire city block. Inside, details like intricate brazil- and cherrywood inlaid flooring, Lincrusta wall coverings, and gilt-framed oil paintings exude Victorian-era decadence. Rooms have high-quality beds, Tiffany lamps, and heated towel racks in the bathrooms; some rooms have gas fireplaces. There are plenty of ways to pamper yourself here: a tea-treatment facial in the spa, a dip in the Roman-bath-style saltwater pool, high tea in the Drawing Room, or a meal at the highly acclaimed Escabèche restaurant.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more