- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Prince of Wales
At a Glance
- nice spa
- over-the-top-elegant public spaces
- highly trained staff
- high-quality toiletries, Bose stereos, and Keurig coffeemakers in each room
- some views of the parking lot
- rabbit warren of corridors can be confusing
- breakfast not included
Check Rates from our Partners
Prince of Wales Review
A visit from the Prince of Wales in 1901 inspired the name of this venerable hostelry that still welcomes the occasional royal guest or film star (AKA Hollywood royalty). A true Victorian from 1864, the three-story mansard-roof behemoth takes up an entire city block. Inside, details like intricate brazil- and cherrywood inlaid flooring, Lincrusta wall coverings, and gilt-framed oil paintings exude Victorian-era decadence. Rooms have high-quality beds, Tiffany lamps, and heated towel racks in the bathrooms; some rooms have gas fireplaces. There are plenty of ways to pamper yourself here: a tea-treatment facial in the spa, a dip in the Roman-bath-style saltwater pool, high tea in the Drawing Room, or a meal at the highly acclaimed Escabèche restaurant.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
I wrote a new blog about my adventures in Canada and my experiences with bears and other animals
Hopefully you will like it!
http://annastraveltribute.wordpress.com/2014/04/17/camping-in-canada-sleeping-with-bears/ Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more