- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Arowhon Pines Restaurant
Arowhon Pines Restaurant Review
A meal at this breathtaking, circular log-cabin restaurant in the heart of Algonquin Park is the highlight of many visits. A view of the lake is a great accompaniment to the food, but a towering stone fireplace in the center of the room is an attraction, too. Menu changes daily, but guests can expect hearty Canadian dishes with local and seasonal ingredients like Northern Ontario trout with sautéed potatoes and squash, rack of lamb scented with garlic and rosemary, or roasted loin of pork stuffed with apples and prunes. The menu always includes plenty of vegetarian options, and other diets are readily accommodated. Bring your own wine for no corkage fee. If you have kids in tow, take advantage of the early kids' dinner (5:30 pm) followed by a group babysitting service until 8 pm. Dinners are C$75 prix-fixe for the public; lunch (C$35) and breakfast (C$25) are also served.
- Address: Algonquin Provincial Park, near west entrance, 8 km north of Hwy. 60, Algonquin Provincial Park, ON P1H 2G5
- Phone: 705/633–5661; 866/633–5661
- Website: arowhonpines.ca
- Location: Algonquin Provincial Park
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–late-May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Any first hand adivce/opinions on which carrier to use for a flight from Toronto to Barbados. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more