- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Arowhon Pines Restaurant
Arowhon Pines Restaurant Review
A meal at this breathtaking, circular log-cabin restaurant in the heart of Algonquin Park is the highlight of many visits. A view of the lake is a great accompaniment to the food, but a towering stone fireplace in the center of the room is an attraction, too. Menu changes daily, but guests can expect hearty Canadian dishes with local and seasonal ingredients like Northern Ontario trout with sautéed potatoes and squash, rack of lamb scented with garlic and rosemary, or roasted loin of pork stuffed with apples and prunes. The menu always includes plenty of vegetarian options, and other diets are readily accommodated. Bring your own wine for no corkage fee. If you have kids in tow, take advantage of the early kids' dinner (5:30 pm) followed by a group babysitting service until 8 pm. Dinners are C$75 prix-fixe for the public; lunch (C$35) and breakfast (C$25) are also served.
- Address: Algonquin Provincial Park, near west entrance, 8 km north of Hwy. 60, Algonquin Provincial Park, ON P1H 2G5
- Phone: 705/633–5661; 866/633–5661
- Website: arowhonpines.ca
- Location: Algonquin Provincial Park
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–late-May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more