- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Arowhon Pines Restaurant
Arowhon Pines Restaurant Review
A meal at this breathtaking, circular log-cabin restaurant in the heart of Algonquin Park is the highlight of many visits. A view of the lake is a great accompaniment to the food, but a towering stone fireplace in the center of the room is an attraction, too. Menu changes daily, but guests can expect hearty Canadian dishes with local and seasonal ingredients like Northern Ontario trout with sautéed potatoes and squash, rack of lamb scented with garlic and rosemary, or roasted loin of pork stuffed with apples and prunes. The menu always includes plenty of vegetarian options, and other diets are readily accommodated. Bring your own wine for no corkage fee. Dinners are C$70 prix-fixe for the public. Lunch and breakfast are also served.
- Address: Algonquin Provincial Park, near west entrance, 8 km north of Hwy. 60, Algonquin Provincial Park, ON P1H 2G5
- Phone: 705/633-5661; 866/633-5661
- Website: www.arowhonpines.com
- Location: Algonquin Provincial Park
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.--late-May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $155 -- Chic Toronto Hotel through June, Save 30% Novotel Toronto Centre
- $99 -- Ottawa Hotel This Summer incl. Breakfast, 40% Off Quality Hotel Downtown Ottawa
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel
- CA$169-$179 -- 4-Diamond Toronto Hotel near Eaton Centre — $169-$179 Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
We're driving west to Sault Ste Marie and taking the northern route this year, which we haven't done in many many years.
Looking for suggestions for a place to break the trip-an interesting town, hotel, Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more