- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Norsemen Restaurant
The Norsemen Restaurant Review
Generations of devotees have returned to this lakeside restaurant in the wooded hills near Huntsville for the warm hospitality and modern Canadian cuisine with French flair, some of whom may even come by canoe or kayak. Built in the 1920s, the lodge became a restaurant in 1970 and is unabashedly rustic and homey: double-sided stone fireplace, locally harvested beams overhead, and oxbows over the doorways. Even the coffee is roasted in-house on a daily basis. Ask to be seated by the screened in porch for a view of the lake to soak in the leisurely evening. Popular and enduring dishes include Ontario rack of lamb and prime rib with Yorkshire pudding. Menu of seven or so entrées include at least one vegetarian option. Round out the meal with fun and modern desserts like s'mores mousse and green-tea poached pear. The extensive wine list is a point of pride. Seatings are between 5:30 and 9:30.
- Address: 1040 Walker Lake Dr., 2 km (1 mile) north of Hwy. 60 Huntsville, ON P1H 2J6
- Phone: 705/635–2473; 800/565–3856
- Website: www.norsemen-walkerlake.com
- Location: Huntsville
- Credit cards accepted.
- Dec.–Mar. closed Sun.–Thurs.; Apr.–June, Sept. and Oct. closed Mon. and Tues.; June–Aug. closed Mon. Closed Nov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more