St. Mark's Church
St. Mark's Church Review
One of Ontario's oldest Anglican churches, this was built in 1804, and St. Mark's parish is even older, formed in 1792. The stone church still houses the founding minister's original library of 1,500 books, brought from England. During the War of 1812, American soldiers used the church as a barracks, and still-visible rifle pits were dug in the cemetery. The church is open for concerts, lectures, and Sunday services only.