- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bartlett Lodge Restaurant
Bartlett Lodge Restaurant Review
In the original 1917 lodge building, this small lakeside pine dining room offers an ever-changing prix-fixe menu of comtemporary Canadian cuisine, which might kick off with fennel and mustard rubbed pork belly and move on to pistachio and cherry crusted Australian rack of lamb or the house specialty, beef tenderloin. Fish and vegetarian options, such as sweet-potato gnocchi with shaved Gruyère, are always available. Desserts, included with the meal, all made on-site, feature cheesecakes, some variation of crème brûlée (perhaps a chocolate-chili version), and homemade pie. Breakfast is served from 8 am to 9:30 am, and dinner seatings are at 6 pm and 8 pm only. You must bring your own wine.
- Address: Algonquin Park, by boat from Cache Lake Landing, just south of Hwy. 60, Huntsville, ON P1H 2G8
- Phone: 705/633–5543; 866/614–5355
- Website: www.bartlettlodge.com
- Location: Algonquin Provincial Park
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late-Oct.–mid-May. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha ... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more