- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
17 Noir Review
The best fine-dining-with-a-view in town, 17 Noir plays up its casino locale without being kitschy. The tall-ceilinged, modern space is inspired by roulette, in a profusion of red, black, and gold, and juxtiposes the traditional steak-house menu. More secluded seating areas wind around the perimeter next to huge windows overlooking the falls, on a raised, illuminated floor on a patio. The menu is seasonal, but you might start out with fresh oysters or roasted beet salad, then move on to Canadian or USDA Prime steak, duck sous vide with foie gras and a goat cheese-gooseberry tart, or wild king salmon with cauliflower puree and white balsamic butter reduction. The baby bananas Foster—warm bananas on a bed of streusel topped with caramel and ice cream—is a memorable dessert. Because 17 Noir is accessible only via the casino floor, all diners must be at least 19.
- Address: Fallsview Casino Resort, 6380 Fallsview Blvd., Niagara Falls, ON, L2G 7X5
- Phone: 905/358-3255; 888/325-5788
- Website: www.fallsviewcasinoresort.com/dining
- Location: Niagara Falls
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Tues. and Wed. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto Event The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more