- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Blue Mountain Resort
At a Glance
- just a skip and a hop from the pedestrian village where all shops and restaurants are located
- wide range of accommodation
- excellent skiing
- Blue Mountain Inn needs renovation
- other accommodations pricey in season
Check Rates from our Partners
Blue Mountain Resort Review
The largest ski resort in Ontario, and only getting bigger, this huge property near Collingwood revolves around its brightly painted Scandinavian-style alpine "village" with several blocks of shops, restaurants, bars, a grocery, and a plaza with live music. Aside from the slopes, it has an outstanding 18-hole golf course, mountain biking, a lakeside beach, an aquatic park, and even a coaster ride that winds down the mountain. Myriad lodging choices include the modestly priced (but somewhat shabby) Blue Mountain Inn, the pristine Swiss chalet–style Westin Trillium House, and the studios and one- or two-bedroom suites of the Village Suites or Mosaïc complex. One- to four-bedroom townhouses are also available in the Historic Snowbridge Mountain Homes complex near the golf course. From condos to four bedroom houses, many with kitchens, and access to outdoor hot tubs, there is something for everybody all year round; fun, relaxation, and fine foods are all at your fingertips. The more than 15 restaurants include fine dining, pizzerias, pubs, and sandwich shops; there's also an espresso bar and martini lounge.
- Address: 108 Jozo Weider Blvd., Blue Mountains, ON L9Y 3Z2 | Map It
- Phone: 705/445–0231; 877/445–0231
- Website: www.bluemountain.ca
- Location: Southern Georgian Bay
- Blue Mountain Inn: 93 rooms, 2 suites; Westin Trillium House: 222 suites; Mosaïc: 85 suites; Village Suites: 447 suites; Historic Snowbridge Mountain Homes: 150 units.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more