- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Charles Inn
At a Glance
- historic details with modern touches
- highly lauded restaurant
- impeccably decorated
- some historic "quirks" like variable water temperature
- some verandas are connected (i.e. shared with neighbors)
Check Rates from our Partners
The Charles Inn Review
An air of old-fashioned civility permeates this 1832 Georgian gem. It has a nice location that's right on the main street but also borders North America's oldest golf club. Spend summer evenings playing board games on the outdoor patio, then dine on some of the best food in the area. Each of its 12 rooms are uniquely decorated: from the Apple room of the standard series, with an oversize painting of apples over the queen-size bed and rain shower head in the glass-enclosed bathroom, to the Safari room of the superior series, with slanted ceilings over the king-size canopy bed, wild and tribal touches like masks and drums, and a large soaker tub in the bathroom. In the persimmon-colored restaurant, chef Steve Sperling crafts exquisite dishes inspired by locally grown ingredients like pan-roasted sable fish with braised baby fennel, fiddleheads, and fingerling potatoes in a white wine cream sauce.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
I wrote a new blog about my adventures in Canada and my experiences with bears and other animals
Hopefully you will like it!
http://annastraveltribute.wordpress.com/2014/04/17/camping-in-canada-sleeping-with-bears/ Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more