- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- completely quiet
- each cabin has its own canoe and porch
- restaurant is expensive and only offers dinner (or picnic lunches)
Check Rates from our Partners
Bartlett Lodge Review
Smack in the center of Algonquin Provincial Park, this impressive 1917 resort is reached by a short boat ride on Cache Lake (just make your reservation and use the phone at the landing to call the lodge when you arrive), and one of only two that is inside the provincial park. The aging, but immaculate one-to-three-bedroom private log cabins, each with its own canoe and a screened porch facing the lake, have gleaming hardwood floors and king-size beds with patchwork quilts. Some have wood stoves. New (2011) Artist Suites (named after the Group of Seven artists—a prominent group of Canadian landscape painters who were active during the early twentieth century) are tastefully decorated and modern, though located in a historic cabin. The Sunrise cabin is solar-powered—lights, bar fridge, and coffeemaker. Even the hot water is generated from solar thermal system, and heat for the cabin is from a wood stove. Quiet reigns: no waterskiing, Jet Skiing, or motors over 10 horsepower are allowed on the lake, and you won't find phones or TVs in the cabins. Platform tents have king-size or two single beds and include breakfast only. The restaurant ($$$$) is excellent but does not serve lunch, though preordered picnic lunches are available.
- Address: Algonquin Park, by boat from Cache Lake Landing, just south of Hwy. 60, Algonquin Provincial Park, ON P1H 2G8 | Map It
- Phone: 705/633–5543; 905/338–8908 in winter
- Website: www.bartlettlodge.com
- Location: Algonquin Provincial Park
- 12 cabins, 2 artist suites, 2 platform tents.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Oct.–early May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Any first hand adivce/opinions on which carrier to use for a flight from Toronto to Barbados. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more