- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- completely quiet
- each cabin has its own canoe and porch
- restaurant is expensive and only offers dinner (or picnic lunches)
Bartlett Lodge Review
Smack in the center of Algonquin Provincial Park, this impressive 1917 resort is reached by a short boat ride on Cache Lake (just make your reservation and use the phone at the landing to call the lodge when you arrive), and one of only two that is inside the provincial park. The aging, but immaculate one-to-three-bedroom private log cabins, each with its own canoe and a screened porch facing the lake, have gleaming hardwood floors and king-size beds with patchwork quilts. Some have wood stoves. The Sunrise cabin is solar-powered—lights, bar fridge, and coffeemaker. Even the hot water is generated from solar thermal system, and heat for the cabin is from a wood stove. Quiet reigns: no waterskiing, Jet Skiing, or motors over 10 horsepower are allowed on the lake, and you won't find phones or TVs in the cabins. Platform tents have king-size or two single beds and include breakfast only. The restaurant ($$$$) is excellent but does not serve lunch, though preordered picnic lunches are available.
- Address: Algonquin Park, by boat from Cache Lake Landing, just south of Hwy. 60, Algonquin Provincial Park, ON | Map It
- Phone: 705/633-5543; 905/338-8908 in winter
- Website: www.bartlettlodge.com
- Location: Algonquin Provincial Park
- 12 cabins, 2 platform tents.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Oct.--early May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $99 -- Ottawa Hotel This Summer incl. Breakfast, 40% Off Quality Hotel Downtown Ottawa
- CA$169-$199 -- Toronto 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 25% Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel
- $239* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Cleveland (One Way) — $239 Air Canada
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
We're driving west to Sault Ste Marie and taking the northern route this year, which we haven't done in many many years.
Looking for suggestions for a place to break the trip-an interesting town, hotel, Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more