- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pillar and Post
At a Glance
- exceptional staff
- unaffected mix of historic and modern
- cool spa and pool
- free parking and high-speed Internet
- not as central as some other hotels (a brisk 20-minute walk to Queen/Picton Street)
- no elevator to second-floor rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Pillar and Post Review
A two-story hotel six (long) blocks from the heart of town, this building has been a cannery, barracks, and basket factory in its 100-plus-year history. The decor draws on this past: brick-lined corridors, latched barn-door-style room doors, and second-floor rooms with the original factory beams (now painted off-white) embedded in the vaulted ceilings. Rooms are streamlined and somewhat masculine compared to other hotels in town, boasting a more contemporary and casual design, with mahogany furniture, some carved four-poster beds, iron chandeliers, and big modern bathrooms; many rooms have fireplaces. The huge, stone-lined, top-rated spa; the tropical indoor saltwater pool (complete with real palm trees and faux birdsong); and the outdoor "hot springs" are the treasures of this property.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Any first hand adivce/opinions on which carrier to use for a flight from Toronto to Barbados. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more