- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pillar and Post
At a Glance
- exceptional staff
- unaffected mix of historic and modern
- cool spa and pool
- free parking and high-speed Internet
- not as central as some other hotels (a brisk 20-minute walk to Queen/Picton Street)
- no elevator to second-floor rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Pillar and Post Review
A two-story hotel six (long) blocks from the heart of town, this building has been a cannery, barracks, and basket factory in its 100-plus-year history. The decor draws on this past: brick-lined corridors, latched barn-door-style room doors, and second-floor rooms with the original factory beams (now painted off-white) embedded in the vaulted ceilings. Rooms are streamlined and somewhat masculine compared to other hotels in town, boasting a more contemporary and casual design, with mahogany furniture, some carved four-poster beds, iron chandeliers, and big modern bathrooms; many rooms have fireplaces. The huge, stone-lined, top-rated spa; the tropical indoor saltwater pool (complete with real palm trees and faux birdsong); and the outdoor "hot springs" are the treasures of this property.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more