- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Olde Angel Inn
At a Glance
- excellent price at the heart of town
- on-site English-style tavern
- historic inn means poor soundproofing, which is a problem for rooms over the pub
- dedicated parking for cottages only
Check Rates from our Partners
Olde Angel Inn Review
Though established in the late 1700s, this coach-house inn burned down during the War of 1812 and was rebuilt in 1816. (Another casualty of that war, Capt. Colin Swayze, is believed to haunt the inn.) Rooms are each quite different in layout, but all have hardwood floors and rustic Colonial decor; some have rare pieces, like the Colonel's Suite, with its antique Irish bed. Note: three rooms have only a shower and no tub. The superior accommodations are the private two-story cottages—also historic houses, both built in the 1800s—next door, ideal for two couples or a family; they have sofa beds, fireplaces, kitchens, and either 1½ or 2 bathrooms. These don't get daily housekeeping service but do include parking.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Any first hand adivce/opinions on which carrier to use for a flight from Toronto to Barbados. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more