- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- one of the best deals in town
- warm hosts
- on a private lot backed by farmland
- outdoor pool
- basic rooms with parking-lot views
- not walkable to downtown
- motor-lodge layout around a parking lot
Check Rates from our Partners
Swan Motel Review
The original 1960s motel sign still marks this single-story tawny-brick motel 3 km (2 miles) south of downtown, behind which you'll find clean-as-a-whistle, albeit utilitarian, rooms at good prices. What the Swan lacks in style, owners Peter and Colleen, who live on-site, make up in substance: they are friendly and deeply invested in the property, family-run since Peter's parents built it in 1964. Their pride of place is evident in the nicely landscaped grounds (with a large pool), covered with trees and flowering plants; the flowers hung outside the rooms; and little extras like muffins set out in the morning.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more