- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rundles Restaurant Review
At Stratford's top choice for sophisticated haute cuisine the look is summery and modern: brick is exposed, windows are unadorned and panoramic, and, with a theatrical flourish, flowing white silk scarves hang from primitive stone masks. Diners have five to seven choices for each course (appetizer, entrée, and dessert) on the prix-fixe menu. Offerings change frequently, but regulars would protest the removal of the braised duck confit or, for dessert, the lemon tart with orange sorbet. The more relaxed Sophisto-Bistro, at the same location, has two- and three-course dinners at slightly less lofty prices that might include hot-smoked trout salad with fingerling potatoes in a hot bell pepper cream or, for dessert, poached apples and candied apple ice cream. Considerable artistry is lavished on preparation and presentation.
- Address: 9 Cobourg St., Stratford, ON, N5A 3E4 | Map It
- Phone: 519/271-6442
- Website: www.rundlesrestaurant.com
- Location: Stratford
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct.--May (may vary; check Web site for exact dates) and Mon. No lunch weekdays.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto Event The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
We'll be traveling from NOTL / St Catherine's in July to Montreal. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more