- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Queen Street Review
You can get a glimpse of the town's rich architectural history walking along this single street, with Lake Ontario to your north, and it is the core of NOTL's commercial portion. At the corner of Queen and King Streets is Niagara Apothecary. This high-style, mid-Victorian building was an apothecary from 1866 to 1964. The Court House is situated across the street. It became the Town Hall in 1862. Presently, it houses a small 327-seat theatre during Shaw Festival. At No. 209 is the handsome Charles Inn, formerly known as Richardson-Kiely House, built in 1832 for Charles Richardson, who was a barrister and member of Parliament. The ten or so blocks of shopping includes an olive tasting room, upscale restaurants and cafes, designer-label boutiques, old-fashioned ice-cream parlors, and a spa. You could easily spend an entire day in this area.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more