Side Trips from Toronto Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Side Trips from Toronto Hotel Reviews
Make reservations well in advance during summer and at ski areas in winter. Prices are higher in peak season and nearer to the tourist centers. In Niagara Falls, for example, hotel rates are determined by proximity to the falls. Taxes are seldom included in quoted prices, but rates sometimes include food, especially in more remote areas such as Muskoka, where many resorts offer meal plans.
Cottage rentals are available through local tourism boards or At the Cottage. www.atthecottage.com.
BBCanada.com. BBCanada.com can help you locate a B&B and reserve a room. ON. 800/239-1141. www.bbcanada.com.
Federation of Ontario Bed & Breakfast Accommodations. A comprehensive B&B guide listing about 250 establishments is published by the Federation of Ontario Bed & Breakfast Accommodations. ON. www.fobba.com.
Camping, in campgrounds or backcountry, is popular in summer and early fall, especially in the provincial parks to the north of Toronto.
Browse Side Trips from Toronto Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York