Side Trips from Toronto Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Side Trips from Toronto Hotel Reviews
Make reservations well in advance during summer and at ski areas in winter. Prices are higher in peak season and nearer to the tourist centers. In Niagara Falls, for example, hotel rates are determined by proximity to the falls. Taxes are seldom included in quoted prices, but rates sometimes include food, especially in more remote areas such as Muskoka, where many resorts offer meal plans.
At the Cottage. Cottage rentals are available through local tourism boards or At the Cottage. ON. 416/466–1452 or 888/394–8884. www.atthecottage.com.
BBCanada.com. BBCanada.com can help you locate a B&B and reserve a room. ON. 800/239–1141. www.bbcanada.com.
Federation of Ontario Bed & Breakfast Accommodations. A comprehensive B&B guide listing about 250 establishments is published by the Federation of Ontario Bed & Breakfast Accommodations. ON. www.fobba.com.
Camping, in campgrounds or backcountry, is popular in summer and early fall, especially in the provincial parks to the north of Toronto.
Browse Side Trips from Toronto Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's