Side Trips from Toronto Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
The Falls: Niagara Falls' amazing display of natural power is Ontario's top attraction. See them from both the U.S. and Canadian sides.
Shakespeare and Shaw: A couple of long-dead British playwrights have managed to make two Ontario towns boom from May through October with the Shakespeare Festival in Stratford and the Shaw Festival in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Wineries: The Niagara Peninsula has an unusually good microclimate for growing grapes; most of the more than 60 wineries have tastings.
The great outdoors: Ski at resorts north of Toronto; canoe backcountry rivers in Algonquin Provincial Park; hike or bike the Niagara-to-Lake-Huron Bruce Trail or the Niagara Parkway along the Niagara River.
Edible Ontario: Niagara-on-the-Lake and Stratford are both renowned for their skilled chefs who serve culinary masterpieces created with farm-fresh ingredients.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe