Gillespie House Inn
At a Glance
- impeccable rooms
- customized packages available
- complimentary Continental breakfast is the only meal served
- no elevator
Gillespie House Inn Review
Colorful gardens border the driveway leading up to this gracious 1890 home. Inside, antique furnishings, hardwood floors, and five fireplaces take you back in time, yet modern amenities (among them free Wi-Fi and four-piece bathrooms) ensure you never feel like you're stuck there. The 2.5-acre property is good for strolling, and guests are often seen relaxing on the front lawn or Victorian veranda. Kayaking, hiking, and golf excursions can also be arranged.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?
I am going to be traveling in Canada this summer, and need a Canadian SIM card. In the US, I have been using TMOBILE prepay, and it's quite expensive, imo. Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more