- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Liscombe Lodge Resort
At a Glance
- fun packages and free experiential programs
- complimentary use of boats
- rooms could use a redo
- better suited to families than singles
Liscombe Lodge Resort Review
Just 27 km (17 mi) west of Sherbrooke on Highway 7, this sister property of the Keltic Lodge in Cape Breton and Digby Pines on the Bay of Fundy has choices ranging from lodge rooms to cottages and chalets (most boasting fireplaces and verandas), all in a superb natural setting. In this case, it's the Liscomb River, which promises boating, beaches, and bird-watching. Some 16 km (15 mi) of wooded and riverside trails lace the property, plus there are activities such as tennis, biking, and horseshoes on-site. Once you've worked up an appetite, the Riverside Dining Room ($$-$$$) serves everything from standard pub fare to excellent planked salmon.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $519 & up -- 7-Nt. Canada & New England Cruise, Save $180 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America — $649 American Express Travel
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
I will start out by saying that I know that we can't fit it all in.
Arriving Bangor, Maine airport late afternoon June 18th, departing mid-day June 28th.
Priorities: scenic seascape drives, lighthouses, Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more