Liscombe Lodge Resort
At a Glance
- fun packages and free experiential programs
- Camp Adventure and other activities for kids
- complimentary use of boats
- rooms could use a redo
- better suited to families than singles
- large wedding parties can sometimes affect the atmosphere
Liscombe Lodge Resort Review
In a superb natural setting, with a choice of lodge rooms or secluded chalets and cottages, this place pairs an away-from-it-all location with a wide range of activities. The Liscomb River provides the setting for boating, swimming, and bird-watching, and lacing the property are 16 km (10 miles) of wooded and riverside trails for hiking. Tennis and horseshoe pits are both on-site, and you can bike here. Once you've worked up an appetite, the Riverside Dining Room offers a broad menu based on fresh local ingredients, while the more casual Lone Cloud Lounge serves standard pub fare. Most cottages and chalets have fireplaces and verandas.
- Address: 2884 Hwy. 7, 27 km (17 miles) southwest of Sherbrooke on Hwy. 7 Liscomb Mills, NS B0J 2A0 | Map It
- Phone: 902/779–2307; 800/665–6343
- Website: www.liscombelodge.ca
- Location: Sherbrooke and Sherbrooke Village
- 29 rooms, 1 suite, 38 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals.
- Closed mid-Oct.–Apr.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
In August DW and I were on a two week tour of the Maritime Provinces leaving from Boston. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more