Port Bickerton Lighthouse Beach Park
Port Bickerton Lighthouse Beach Park Review
Hiking trails and a boardwalk lead to a sandy beach here, but the park's main attraction is its two lighthouses, which share the lofty bluff above. One is still working; the other, built in the early 1920s, houses the Nova Scotia Lighthouse Interpretive Centre, which recounts the history, lore, and vital importance of the province's lights. Amenities: parking (free); toilets. Best for: walking.
- Address: 640 Lighthouse Rd., off Hwy 211, about 32 km (20 miles) east of Sherbrooke, Port Bickerton, NS, B0J 1A0
- Cost: Beach free, lighthouse site C$3
- Hours: Beach daily, lighthouse site mid-June–mid-Sept., daily 9–5
- Website: www.portbickertonlighthouse.ca
- Location: Sherbrooke and Sherbrooke Village