Gabrieau's Bistro Review
Gabrieau's has earned a place in Antigonish hearts with its pleasant interior and an epicurean (yet affordable) menu that includes seafood, pasta, gourmet pizzas, and a variety of vegetarian dishes. There are luscious desserts and an impressive wine list, too. If the weather is nice, take a seat on the sunny patio and watch the town go by. If you want to learn how to duplicate your favorite dish, the restaurant offers public cooking classes in the separate open-kitchen Hawthorne room.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $97-$127 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Hotel over Weekends, Save 60% Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off — $120 Novotel Toronto North York
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
Some of you might remember I was supposed to take my mom (who is almost 80) to see the Bay of Fundy last summer (something she's wanted to do for several years). Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more