Sports and the Outdoors
Jitney Trail. The Jitney is a 5-km (3-mile) water's-edge route around Pictou Harbour that puts you in sight of marine life and working wharves. Hikers and bikers frequent it. Pictou, NS. No phone. www.trails.gov.ns.ca.
Pictou Island Charters. The charter company operates ferry service (C$5) between Caribou and Pictou Island and conducts six-hour, tip-to-tip vehicle tours (C$50) of the island on Thursday and Friday in July and August. Pictou, NS. 902/921–1033; 902/497–5974 tour reservations. www.pictouislandcharters.ca.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's