- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
The Jitney Trail is a 5-km (3-mi) water's edge route around Pictou Harbour that puts you in sight of marine life and working wharves. It's frequented by hikers and bikers. Pictou, NS. No phone. www.trails.gov.ns.ca.
Pictou Island Charters offers transportation to and tip-to-tip tours of the eponymous little island in the middle of Northumberland Strait. Priced at C$50, the six-hour outing runs Thursday and Friday in July and August. Pictou, NS. 902/921-1033. www.pictouislandcharters.ca.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $519 & up -- 7-Nt. Canada & New England Cruise, Save $180 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $239* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Cleveland (One Way) — $239 Air Canada
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America — $649 American Express Travel
- $115* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Boston (One Way) — $115 Air Canada