Sports and the Outdoors
Blomidon Provincial Park. This park on the shores of the Minas Basin has four main trails that collectively cover 14 km (9 miles). The beach is accessible at low tide, but be sure to check the tide tables; the water comes back in quite rapidly. The 1.6-km (1-mile) Lookoff Trail yields especially fine cliff-top vistas. 3138 Pereau Rd., off Hwy. 101, 31 km (19 miles) north of Wolfville, Cape Blomidon, NS, B0P 1H0. 902/582–7319. www.novascotiaparks.ca. No charge for day use. Mid-May–early Sept.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe