Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Trout Point Lodge
At a Glance
- Relais & Chateaux property
- hot tub, sauna, and in-room massages available
- can be too secluded for some
Check Rates from our Partners
Trout Point Lodge Review
Guests at this wilderness eco-resort can get away from it all without sacrificing luxury, excellent food, and top-drawer amenities. The three-story lodge—think a log cabin on steroids—sits on the fringe of a protected wilderness. Upgrades completed in 2013 include the addition of a new fitness room and an outdoor Jacuzzi to complement the riverside hot tub and sauna. Rooms balance rusticity and elegance, pairing handmade log and twig furnishings with luxe linens and Tiffany-style lamps. Canoeing, kayaking, guided fishing, hiking, and wildlife watching are among the activities, yet it's eating that lures many. Guests gush over the two on-site restaurants, and from May through November you can take classes at the cooking school.
- Address: 189 Trout Point Rd., off East Branch Rd. and Hwy. 203, 40 km (25 miles) northeast of Yarmouth East Kemptville, Yarmouth, NS B0W 1Y0 | Map It
- Phone: 902/761–2142
- Website: www.troutpoint.com
- Location: Yarmouth
- 11 rooms, 1 suite, 2 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals, all meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
We are renting a camperized van. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more