Harbour's Edge Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- exemplary hosts
- terrific French toast at breakfast
- road outside can be busy
- private bath for the "Clara Caie" room is down the hall (the other three rooms have en suite bathrooms)
Check Rates from our Partners
Harbour's Edge Bed & Breakfast Review
The rooms in this 1864 home (all named for women who resided here) are especially attractive because the owners opted for an uncluttered look rather than floral overload. The same rule applies to the sitting/breakfast area, but you'll probably be too distracted by the harbor view beyond to notice. At high tide the water laps against the lawn; at low tide birds pay frequent visits. Harbour's Edge also has a 2-acre garden planted with century-old rhododendrons, quince, and cherry trees.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?
I am going to be traveling in Canada this summer, and need a Canadian SIM card. In the US, I have been using TMOBILE prepay, and it's quite expensive, imo. Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more