Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
JoAnne's Quick 'n Tasty
JoAnne's Quick 'n Tasty Review
Laminated tables, vinyl banquettes, and bright lights greet you at this retro diner that still looks much as it did circa 1960. Options include fresh seafood and no-nonsense standbys like turkey burgers and club sandwiches. Devotees, however, swear by the hot lobster sandwich. Indeed, Haligonians have been known to make the three-hour trek just to dine on the creamed crustacean concoction that was supposedly invented here.
- Address: 490 Hwy. 1, 4 km (2½ miles) northeast of Yarmouth Dayton, NS B5A 4A6
- Phone: 902/742–6606
- Location: Yarmouth
- Closed Dec.–Feb.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
We are renting a camperized van. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more