Mersey River Chalets and Nature Retreat
At a Glance
- pets welcome
- snowshoeing and cross-country skiing offered in winter
- excellent accessibility for wheelchair-bound guests
- on-site restaurant only offers Continental breakfast and snacks, and closes from October through April (though lodge room guests have use of shared kitchen)
Mersey River Chalets and Nature Retreat Review
Swimming, paddling, hiking, and bedtime bonfires fill the agenda at this 375-acre wilderness resort 5 km (3 miles) north of Kejimkujik National Park. Accommodations include a water-view log lodge, chalets nestled in dense forest, or, for closer encounters with nature, in teepees and canvas cabins on platforms by the shore of Lake Harry. Since the spot prides itself on being "barrier free," all are linked by a 2-km (1-mile) wheelchair-accessible boardwalk, and activities like kayaking are open to guests with physical challenges, too.
- Address: 322 Mersey River Chalets Rd. E, off Hwy. 8, 44 km (27 miles) south of Annapolis Royal, 75 km (47 miles) north of Liverpool, Caledonia, NS, B0T 1B0
- Phone: 902/682–2443; 877/667–2583
- Website: www.merseyriverchalets.ns.ca
- Location: Kejimkujik National Park and Historic Site
- 9 chalets, 4 lodge rooms, 5 tents
- Rate includes breakfast, no meals.