Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Mersey River Chalets and Nature Retreat
At a Glance
- pets welcome
- snowshoeing and cross-country skiing offered in winter
- excellent accessibility for wheelchair-bound guests
- on-site restaurant only offers Continental breakfast and snacks, and closes from October through April (though lodge room guests have use of shared kitchen)
Check Rates from our Partners
Mersey River Chalets and Nature Retreat Review
Swimming, paddling, hiking, and bedtime bonfires fill the agenda at this 375-acre wilderness resort 5 km (3 miles) north of Kejimkujik National Park. Accommodations include a water-view log lodge, chalets nestled in dense forest, or, for closer encounters with nature, in teepees and canvas cabins on platforms by the shore of Lake Harry. Since the spot prides itself on being "barrier free," all are linked by a 2-km (1-mile) wheelchair-accessible boardwalk, and activities like kayaking are open to guests with physical challenges, too.
- Address: 322 Mersey River Chalets Rd. E, off Hwy. 8, 44 km (27 miles) south of Annapolis Royal, 75 km (47 miles) north of Liverpool Caledonia, NS B0T 1B0
- Phone: 902/682–2443; 877/667–2583
- Website: www.merseyriverchalets.ns.ca
- Location: Kejimkujik National Park and Historic Site
- 9 chalets, 4 lodge rooms, 5 tents.
- Rate includes breakfast, no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
I saw escorted tour that includes most of the above areas, including scenic rail journey along Atlantic Coast. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more