Kejimkujik National Park
Kejimkujik National Park Review
You'll have to veer inland to see the 381-square-km (147-square-mi) Kejimkujik National Park and Historic Site, which is about halfway between the Atlantic and Fundy coasts. Its gentle waterways were used by the Mi'Kmaq for thousands of years, a fact made plain by the ancient petroglyphs carved into rocks along the shore. Today their former routes and woodsy park trails attract campers, canoeists, hikers, birdwatchers, and cyclists. You can explore Keji on your own or take a guided interpretive hike (perhaps spying white-tailed deer, beaver, owls, loons, and other wildlife along the way). Guided paddles and children's programs are also available daily in summer. Because the park is open year-round, leaf peepers can see the deciduous forests blaze with color in autumn, and cross-country skiers can hit the trails in winter. Further proving that this is a stellar attraction, the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada designated Keji as the province's first Dark Sky Preserve in 2010 and the park has initiated nighttime programs for stargazers.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
Some of you might remember I was supposed to take my mom (who is almost 80) to see the Bay of Fundy last summer (something she's wanted to do for several years). Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more