Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Fo'c'sle Tavern Review
This rustic midtown spot—a former store, stable, and inn dating to 1764—is full of natural pine and local art, and its staff and clientele treat regulars and newcomers like kin. In the windowed front section, a wood stove keeps things warm on chilly nights, and year-round you can order from a menu that's strong on seafood and comfort food—haddock stuffed with shrimp, scallops, tomato, and Parmesan, for instance, or liver, bacon, and onions with mashed potatoes. Lighter fare is also served, along with plenty of draft beers. Musicians perform on some nights, and there are pool tables and TVs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
We are traveling to these area with our 12 year old grandson for 5 days in July . Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more