Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Sou'wester Restaurant Review
Poised on the rocks near the base of Peggy's Cove lighthouse, this sprawling 180-seat dining room serves a variety of seafood, including orange brandy shrimp and scallops, lobster dinners, and Down East specialties such as salt-fish hash and beans. There are also chicken, steak, and vegetarian options, and breakfast is served from 8:30 to 11 am. Sou'wester is a pleasant spot to linger over coffee and warm homemade gingerbread, provided the tour buses that regularly park out back haven't just disgorged hordes of hungry passengers. A large—generally kitschy—souvenir shop is on-site.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
I am travelling via hire car around Nova Scotia for two weeks in July 2014 and have planned my trip almost to the day (don't worry - I have read lots of the other forums and have packed in lots Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more