Getting Here and Around
Travelers based in Halifax can reach Peggy's Cove by taking either Exit 2 or Exit 5 from Hwy. 103 onto the 333. The former is mostly inland while the latter runs along St. Margaret's Bay. The ideal scenario, though, is to go via one and return via the other. At Peggy's Cove you can drive almost to the base of the lighthouse, but you'd do better to park in the spacious public lot below and make the three-minute walk up to this Canadian icon.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire