Getting Here and Around
When the Beatles sang about "the long and winding road" they might have had the Lighthouse Route in mind. The curvy back roads that make up most of it hug the South Shore from Halifax to Yarmouth and are undeniably scenic, but if you're looking for a shorter option, you can get to Lunenburg via Highway 103. From 103, you can go to Lunenburg using exit 10 or exit 11; they take about the same amount of time, but exit 11 has nice views around Mahone Bay.
Once you're in town, walking is the way to go provided you're not daunted by the steep hill.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's