Getting Here and Around
First, follow Highway 217 down to the end of Digby Neck, a narrow peninsula separating St. Mary's Bay and the Bay of Fundy, to the hamlet of East Ferry. From there hop a five-minute ferry for Tiverton, Long Island. If you're carrying on to Brier Island, take a second, eight-minute ferry ride onward from Freeport, Long Island, to Westport. Brier Island Ferry links the two islands. Ferries must scuttle sideways to fight the ferocious Fundy tidal streams coursing through the narrow gaps. They operate hourly, year-round, at a cost of C$5 return trip for car and passengers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's