Long Island and Brier Island
You don't just stumble across these islands—reaching them requires a commitment. Maybe Nova Scotian nature lovers are betting on that so they can keep this place all to themselves. You see, Long Island and Brier Island are surrounded by water rich in plankton, which attracts a variety of whales along with harbor porpoises, seals, and abundant sea birds.
Long Island and Brier Island at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in South Shore and Annapolis Valley
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe