- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Halifax Waterfront Boardwalk
Halifax Waterfront Boardwalk Review
Running from Casino Nova Scotia to Marginal Road, this photogenic 1-km (.6-mi) footpath offers backdoor access to the Historic Properties and the Marine Museum of the Atlantic. New landmarks such as Purdy's Wharf (site of Halifax's two grandest skyscrapers) and Bishop's Landing (an attractive complex with condos and shops) are on the route; while others, including the Seaport Farmers' Market, Pier 21, and the cruise ship terminal, are only a few minutes' walk away. The boardwalk has multiple entry points and many tourist-friendly amenities. Shops and restaurants line the section between Sackville Landing and the Historic Properties, and in peak season, bagpipers, ice-cream peddlers, and street performers do, too. The water, however, remains the real attraction. To get out on it, simply take one of the many boat tours that depart from the boardwalk's Cable Wharf.
- Address: Halifax, NS
- Location: Halifax
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $519 & up -- 7-Nt. Canada & New England Cruise, Save $180 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $239* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Cleveland (One Way) — $239 Air Canada
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America — $649 American Express Travel
- $115* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Boston (One Way) — $115 Air Canada
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
I will start out by saying that I know that we can't fit it all in.
Arriving Bangor, Maine airport late afternoon June 18th, departing mid-day June 28th.
Priorities: scenic seascape drives, lighthouses, Read more
· News & Features
Nova Scotia ticks all necessary boxes for a truly unspoiled seaside escape—endless lobster traps, ... Read more
Nova Scotia’s capital is a hip, harbor-hugging city and its 400,000 citizens know how to have some... Read more