- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Five Fishermen Review
Installed in a heritage building across from the Grand Parade, Five Fisherman is splurge-worthy. Tables are backlit by a wall of stained glass, and the seafood is so good locals keep coming back. Main courses are pricey but each comes with complimentary salad and mussels. The three-course prix fixe (a great value at C$42) is an affordable alternative to à la carte choices. Downstairs, the recently opened Five Fishermen Grill ($$-$$$) has a more modest menu and prices to match. It serves dinner and lunch (brunch on weekends) and has an Oyster Happy Hour, daily 4:30-6:30.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $519 & up -- 7-Nt. Canada & New England Cruise, Save $180 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America — $649 American Express Travel
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
hi everyone. Read more
· News & Features
Nova Scotia ticks all necessary boxes for a truly unspoiled seaside escape—endless lobster traps, ... Read more
Nova Scotia’s capital is a hip, harbor-hugging city and its 400,000 citizens know how to have some... Read more