- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Westin Nova Scotian
At a Glance
- half the rooms have harbor views, free downtown shuttle weekdays
- on south edge of the action, some bathrooms are cramped
Check Rates from our Partners
Westin Nova Scotian Review
This imposing 1930s hotel sits beside the train station, with the harbor behind and Cornwallis Park in front. While it provides top-notch business services, the Westin also has a resort-y feel: along with a pool and rare downtown tennis court, it offers a small Wii/Xbox lounge for kids, plus complimentary activities like face painting, movie nights, pool activities, and train station tours in July and August. An in-house spa appeals to parents, and everyone will appreciate the signature "heavenly beds." The restaurant, Elements ($$-$$$), serves fresh seafood, pastas, and meatier fare.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $519 & up -- 7-Nt. Canada & New England Cruise, Save $180 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $239* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Cleveland (One Way) — $239 Air Canada
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America — $649 American Express Travel
- $115* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Boston (One Way) — $115 Air Canada
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
I will start out by saying that I know that we can't fit it all in.
Arriving Bangor, Maine airport late afternoon June 18th, departing mid-day June 28th.
Priorities: scenic seascape drives, lighthouses, Read more
· News & Features
Nova Scotia ticks all necessary boxes for a truly unspoiled seaside escape—endless lobster traps,... Read more
Nova Scotia’s capital is a hip, harbor-hugging city and its 400,000 citizens know how to have some... Read more