Nightlife & the Arts in Halifax
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Native Haligonians are, by nature, a convivial lot. Factor in the seafaring types any thriving port attracts and a large contingent of students, and you'll see why this is such a sociable city. Because of the premium put on fun, it can sometimes be difficult to draw the line between dining and entertainment options. For instance, whether the Lower Deck is an eatery masquerading as a watering hole or vice versa remains open to debate. As for the Economy Shoe Shop, it clearly doesn't sell shoes, but whether it functions primarily as a restaurant or club depends on your definition—and the time of day.
Browse Halifax Nightlife
Browse Halifax Nightlife By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's