Swimming in Halifax
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chocolate Lake. In summer, lifeguards supervise this lake, just off the Northwest Arm, that's popular for swimming. The name doesn't mean that the water is delicious, but rather comes from a former chocolate factory on the site. Locals avoid swimming in Halifax Harbour or the Northwest Arm itself because of the dubious water quality. 2 Melwood Ave., Halifax, NS. 902/490–5458.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's