Sea Kayaking in Halifax
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mountain Equipment Co-op. Part of a small nationwide chain, this downtown sports store rents kayaks for C$30 a day. 1550 Granville St., Halifax, NS, B3J 1X1. 902/421–2667. www.mec.ca.
East Coast Outfitters. About 31 km (19 miles) from downtown Halifax off Highway 333, this outfitter rents kayaking equipment and offers instruction and guided excursions from May through September. Half-day (C$75), full-day (C$135 with lunch), and shorter midday and sunset tours (C$50 each) are available. Kayak rentals start at C$20. 2017 Lower Prospect Rd., off Hwy. 333, Lower Prospect, Halifax, NS, B3T 1Y8. 902/852–2567 or 877/852–2567. www.eastcoastoutfitters.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's