- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Chanterelle Country Inn & Cottages
At a Glance
- natural soaps made especially for the inn
- green credentials include some solar power and organic gardening
- culinary and activity-based packages include golfing, kayaking, and mushroom-picking
- three-day minimum stay in cottages
- TVs and phones for inn rooms must be requested
- rooms strictly fragrance-free, so don't unpack the perfume
Check Rates from our Partners
Chanterelle Country Inn & Cottages Review
You don't have to be a fan of the namesake mushroom to fall for this hilltop property on 100 acres, much of which is a wildlife preserve. Built in traditional style using reclaimed wood, the accommodations are cheerful and charming but no one would blame you if you came solely for the food—the restaurant focuses on what is farmed, fished, or foraged nearby. Buffet breakfasts are included, and for dinner you can order either prix-fixe meals or dine à la carte.
- Address: 48678 Cabot Trail Rd., North River Bridge South Gut St. Ann's, NS B0E 1B0
- Phone: 902/929–2263; 866/277–0577
- Website: www.chanterelleinn.com
- Location: St. Ann's Bay and Around
- 8 rooms, 1 suite, 3 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals.
- Inn by appointment only Nov.–Apr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
I am travelling via hire car around Nova Scotia for two weeks in July 2014 and have planned my trip almost to the day (don't worry - I have read lots of the other forums and have packed in lots Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more