Chanterelle Country Inn & Cottages
At a Glance
- natural soaps made especially for the inn
- green credentials include some solar power and organic gardening
- culinary and activity-based packages include golfing, kayaking, and mushroom-picking
- three-day minimum stay in cottages
- TVs and phones for inn rooms must be requested
- rooms strictly fragrance-free, so don't unpack the perfume
Check Rates from our Partners
Chanterelle Country Inn & Cottages Review
You don't have to be a fan of the namesake mushroom to fall for this hilltop property on 100 acres, much of which is a wildlife preserve. Built in traditional style using reclaimed wood, the accommodations are cheerful and charming but no one would blame you if you came solely for the food—the restaurant focuses on what is farmed, fished, or foraged nearby. Buffet breakfasts are included, and for dinner you can order either prix-fixe meals or dine à la carte.
- Address: 48678 Cabot Trail Rd., North River Bridge, South Gut St. Ann's, NS, B0E 1B0
- Phone: 902/929–2263; 866/277–0577
- Website: www.chanterelleinn.com
- Location: St. Ann's Bay and Around
- 8 rooms, 1 suite, 3 cottages
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals.
- Inn by appointment only Nov.–Apr.