- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chanterelle Country Inn & Cottages
At a Glance
- natural soaps that are made especially for the inn
- activity-based packages are offered, including golfing, kayaking, and things like mushroom-picking
- three-day minimum stay in cottages
- TVs and phones for inn rooms must be requested
Chanterelle Country Inn & Cottages Review
You don't have to be a fan of the namesake mushroom to fall for the Chanterelle. The hilltop property covers 150 acres, much of which is a wildlife preserve, and the structures on it are built in the traditional local style, using reclaimed wood. Accommodations are cheerful and charming but no one would blame you if you came solely for the food because the restaurant ($$$) focuses on what is farmed, fished, or foraged nearby. Buffet breakfasts are included and prix fixes (C$38 or C$45) are offered along with à la carte items at dinner.
- Address: 48678 Cabot Trail Rd., North River BridgeSouth Gut St. Ann's, NS B0E 1B0
- Phone: 902/929-2263; 866/277-0577
- Hours: Inn open May--Oct., cottages year-round
- Website: www.chanterelleinn.com
- Location: St. Ann's Bay and Around
- 8 rooms, 1 suite, 3 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $519 & up -- 7-Nt. Canada & New England Cruise, Save $180 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $239* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Cleveland (One Way) — $239 Air Canada
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America — $649 American Express Travel
- $115* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Boston (One Way) — $115 Air Canada
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
Many thanks to the various Fodorites who gave comprehensive and generous advice throughout our planning for this month long road trip.
We are two Aussies who have visited western Canada previously and Read more
I will start out by saying that I know that we can't fit it all in.
Arriving Bangor, Maine airport late afternoon June 18th, departing mid-day June 28th.
Priorities: scenic seascape drives, lighthouses, Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's ... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more