- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Normaway Inn and Cabins
At a Glance
- bucolic site
- central to island touring loops
- own landing strip
- isn't luxurious, and doesn't aspire to be
Normaway Inn and Cabins Review
Set on 500 acres in the Margaree Valley, this inn has rooms full of country character, hiking trails on the doorstep, and it rings with the sound of live traditional music from top Cape Breton fiddlers. The Normaway's music venue, in a converted barn, hosts regular concerts, and performers sometimes play "unplugged" in the parlor. Many of the rooms and cabins have woodstoves and private screened porches. The dining room makes use of local ingredients—lamb raised here and just-caught salmon, for instance—accompanied by vegetables from the inn's garden. Enticing packages (including ones to lure fly-fishing folk) are available, too, though it's the entertainment that wows most guests.
- Address: 691 Egypt Rd., Margaree Harbour, NS B0E 2C0
- Phone: 902/248–2987; 800/565–9463
- Website: www.thenormawayinn.com
- Location: Margaree Harbour
- 9 rooms, 3 suites, 15 cabins.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals, all-inclusive.
- Closed Nov.–May; cabins available off-season by arrangement.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
In August DW and I were on a two week tour of the Maritime Provinces leaving from Boston. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more