Normaway Inn and Cabins
At a Glance
- bucolic site
- central to island touring loops
- own landing strip
- isn't luxurious, and doesn't aspire to be
Normaway Inn and Cabins Review
Set on 500 acres in the Margaree Valley, this inn has rooms full of country character, hiking trails on the doorstep, and it rings with the sound of live traditional music from top Cape Breton fiddlers. The Normaway's music venue, in a converted barn, hosts regular concerts, and performers sometimes play "unplugged" in the parlor. Many of the rooms and cabins have woodstoves and private screened porches. The dining room makes use of local ingredients—lamb raised here and just-caught salmon, for instance—accompanied by vegetables from the inn's garden. Enticing packages (including ones to lure fly-fishing folk) are available, too, though it's the entertainment that wows most guests.
- Address: 691 Egypt Rd., Margaree Harbour, NS, B0E 2C0
- Phone: 902/248–2987; 800/565–9463
- Website: www.thenormawayinn.com
- Location: Margaree Harbour
- 9 rooms, 3 suites, 15 cabins
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals, all-inclusive.
- Closed Nov.–May; cabins available off-season by arrangement.