- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Normaway Inn and Cabins
At a Glance
- bucolic site
- central to island touring loops
- own landing strip
- isn't luxurious, and doesn't aspire to be
Check Rates from our Partners
Normaway Inn and Cabins Review
Set on 500 acres in the Margaree Valley, this inn has rooms full of country character, hiking trails on the doorstep, and it rings with the sound of live traditional music from top Cape Breton fiddlers. The Normaway's music venue, in a converted barn, hosts regular concerts, and performers sometimes play "unplugged" in the parlor. Many of the rooms and cabins have woodstoves and private screened porches. The dining room makes use of local ingredients—lamb raised here and just-caught salmon, for instance—accompanied by vegetables from the inn's garden. Enticing packages (including ones to lure fly-fishing folk) are available, too, though it's the entertainment that wows most guests.
- Address: 691 Egypt Rd., Margaree Harbour, NS B0E 2C0
- Phone: 902/248–2987; 800/565–9463
- Website: www.thenormawayinn.com
- Location: Margaree Harbour
- 9 rooms, 3 suites, 15 cabins.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals, all-inclusive.
- Closed Nov.–May; cabins available off-season by arrangement.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Seems silly writing about Halifax since I literally live 2 hours away but also work in the city during the week. Read more
We are traveling to these area with our 12 year old grandson for 5 days in July . Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more