- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Captain Mark's Whale & Seal Cruise. Sightings are guaranteed on tours, from June through mid-September, aboard inflatable boats (C$44) or a 42-foot research vessel (C$35). Well-trained guides and researchers from Dalhousie University narrate the tours on the research vessel. Harbour Rd., off Cabot Trail, Pleasant Bay, NS, B0E 2P0. 902/224–1316 or 888/754–5112. www.whaleandsealcruise.com.
Fiddlin' Whale Tours. Captain Stan MacKinnon adds music to the whale-watching mix, so you can enjoy his traditional Cape Breton fiddling as you scan the waves for whales (C$40, plus C$2 for parking). This may seem like a bizarre pairing, but apparently whales respond to the pitch and sometimes contribute their own songs. An on-board hydrophone helps you hear them. Harbour Rd., off Cabot Trail, Pleasant Bay, NS, B0E 2P0. 902/383–2340 or 866/688–2424. www.fiddlinwhaletours.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe