- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pleasant Bay is, well, pleasant, and because it's located about halfway around the Cabot Trail, it's a convenient place to stop. Local fishermen catch lobster in spring and snow crab in summer. The water yields much bigger creatures, too, and it could be said that whales here outnumber people. Of course, that isn't hard considering the population is just about 350.
Pleasant Bay at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Cape Breton Island
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's