- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
The Margaree has two fishing seasons: the early summer run (opens annually on June 1) and the fall run (which goes from mid-September through October, coinciding with the peak foliage period).
Margaree Salmon Association. The association is heavily involved in salmon conservation and habitat restoration, and has put together a pamphlet, available on its website, outlining Margaree River fishing etiquette. In addition to the fishing advice, the pamphlet lists the names and contact information of guides who know the river well and can help you catch that trophy-size salmon. The guides typically charge C$200 per day. Margaree Harbour, NS. 902/248–2578. www.margareesalmon.org.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe