- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Aside from pleasant pastimes like hillside hiking and saltwater swimming (Whale Cove and Chimney Corner are the local's top picks for the latter), the Margaree area promises world-class fly-fishing. Margaree Harbour not only marks the point where the Ceilidh Trail joins the Cabot Trail, it also sits at the mouth of the Margaree River: a designated Canadian Heritage River known for legendary salmon runs.
Margaree Harbour at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Cape Breton Island
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's