- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Mabou Highlands. The Cape Mabou Trail Club maintains 35 km (21 miles) of nature trails, 14 in total, on this mountain range. Gaelic-speaking immigrants from Scotland settled this region of plunging cliffs, isolated beaches, rising mountains, and glens, meadows, and hardwood forests, and some of the trails follow tracks made by carts traveling to and from the pioneer settlements. Today the area is so hauntingly quiet that you might halfway expect to meet the sidhe, the Scottish fairies, capering on the hillsides. Trail maps can be purchased from local retailers or online.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's