- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The village of Mabou is very Scottish (Gaelic-language signs attest to it), and the residents' respect for tradition is apparent in everything from the down-home meals they serve to the music they so exuberantly play; arguably the best place to sample both of the above is at the Red Shoe. The area around Mabou is riddled with hiking trails.
Mabou at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Cape Breton Island
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe