- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ingonish—western gateway to the Cabot Trail—is one of the leading vacation destinations on Cape Breton, largely because it's home to the much-touted Keltic Lodge Resort and adjacent Highland Links golf course. The spot is actually comprised of five villages—Ingonish proper, Ingonish Centre, Ingonish Beach, Ingonish Harbour, and Ingonish Ferry. Poised on two bays and divided by a long narrow peninsula, all together they cover about 16 km (10 mi).
Ingonish at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Cape Breton Island
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's