- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Captain Cox's Whale Watch. Several tours (C$45) in a speedy Zodiac set out daily from July to mid-September from Bay St. Lawrence Wharf. Tours last between 2 and 2½ hours, and if you don't see a whale, you get another trip for free. Bay St. Lawrence Rd., off Cabot Trail, Bay St. Lawrence, NS. 902/383–2981 or 888/346–5556. www.whalewatching-novascotia.com.
Eagle North. Based in Dingwall, which neighbors Cape North, this outfitter offers kayak tours (from C$45) as well as boat and bike rentals (from C$15 and C$10 per hour respectively), from May through October. 299 Shore Rd., South Harbour, Dingwall, NS, B0C 1G0. 902/383–2552 or 888/616–1689. www.kayakingcapebreton.ca.
Oshan Whale Watch. The C$30 charge for a 2½-hour trip on a working lobster boat is a bargain, and if you don't sight a whale, you get another trip free. 3384 Bay St. Lawrence Rd., Bay St. Lawrence, NS, B0C 1G0. 902/383–2883 or 877/383–2883. www.oshan.ca.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's