- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At the northernmost point on the Cabot Trail, just outside the boundaries of the national park, this is where explorer Giovanni Caboto (aka John Cabot) allegedly made land in 1497. Not only does Cape North still feel like a new discovery, it also provides access to locales that are even more remote, like Bay St. Lawrence and Meat Cove.
Cape North at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Cape Breton Island
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's